Using our diverse experience and expertise, we help organizations navigate a rapidly changing healthcare and public health environment and ensure they make well-informed decisions that meet their goals and objectives. While each of CHRT’s teams applies a health and social equity lens to its projects, CHRT’s health and social equity team provides specialized consulting services to support clients who are pursuing more complex health and social equity initiatives. Our projects aim to address a full range of social determinants of health and equity focused issues and challenges.
CHRT’s health and social equity team works with community-based organizations, healthcare and social service providers, and county and regional systems as they improve care and outcomes of under-served, under-represented, and marginalized communities. The team prioritizes holistic and coordinated care and support that is informed by individuals with lived experience.
CHRT partners with clients on health and social equity initiatives by:
- Providing project management and content expertise to address a myriad of regulatory, policy, and program needs.
- Mapping resources to better utilize human capital and in-kind contributions to promote financial sustainability.
- Developing customized, evidence-based models for health and social care integration based on organizational needs and established goals.
- Convening cross-sector collaboratives and stakeholders to organize and facilitate a shared agenda to promote systems change.
- Leveraging the equitable use of technology to better coordinate care and person-centered planning with communities in mind.
- Organizing and facilitating learning communities to promote continuous quality improvement and to foster best practices.
- Providing on-site training and educational resources tailored to a variety of health and social equity needs.
- Supporting program design, implementation, and on-going management with a special emphasis on increased capacity-building.
- Conducting readiness and implementation assessments, either through facilitation of self-assessments or external analyses.
Areas of expertise:
- Community engagement
- Health and social care sector integration
- Leveraging technology to support health and social care integration
- Health and community information exchange
- Data standardization
- Network development
- Backbone support
- Subject matter expertise in health and social determinants of health topics
Housed at the University of Michigan, CHRT has the unique ability to not only draw upon its extensive internal expertise, but also upon University of Michigan resources and professionals. We work closely with Michigan Medicine and the Schools of Public Health, Public Policy, and Social Work.