After recognizing a lack of timely, Michigan-specific information on consumer access to health care by coverage status, CHRT began its first survey and data collection project in 2009 in partnership with the Michigan State University State of the State Survey. In 2012, CHRT started surveying Michigan primary care physicians to understand their critical practice challenges and their capacity to care for consumers.
Our surveys and data collection have been used by policymakers in discussions that have ranged from whether or not Michigan should expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act to the adequacy of provider networks and access to specialty providers. Overall, the surveys have provided important insights into particular health issues such as access to mental health care and the state of wellness programs across Michigan.
Our surveys provide insight into:
- Primary care physicians’ capacity to take newly insured patients, particularly those with Medicaid
- Consumer satisfaction with health insurance coverage
- Mental health care demand and capacity in Michigan
- Consumer participation in and assessment of wellness plans
- Changes in insurance coverage and access to care since ACA implementation
- Physicians’ perspectives on innovative compensation models
- Factors that influence consumers’ coverage choices
Our survey services and capabilities:
- Topic development and instrument design
- Data collection methodology: telephone, mail, email
- Mixed methods: quantitative and qualitative strategies
- Management and oversight of data collection activities
- Sampling design and consultation
- Data cleaning and codebook development
- Data analysis
- Development of key deliverables, such as reports, issue briefs, slide decks, infographics, presentations, press releases
- Communications and dissemination
Our staff has deep expertise in survey methodology, instrument design, and analysis. We work collaboratively with stakeholders and clients to tailor survey questions and analytical approaches to ensure that they address clients’ unique policy questions and concerns. Our dissemination strategies communicate the most relevant and useful analysis from our surveys and data collection. Additionally, our communications team is available to help our clients disseminate key findings to the public, press, or other key stakeholders.
Contact Melissa Riba at (734) 998-7589 or email@example.com for more information about our survey services and capabilities.